Sunday, April 09, 2006

Search for Beef Tapa Recipe

I am still in search of the tapa recipe that I like. I remember asking my sister for a tapa recipe and her response was: 1. Go to supermarket; 2. Go to chiller section; 3. Purchase beef tapa; 4. Go home; 5. Cook. ha-ha

Well eventually she did send me one recipe from FOOD magazine, but it was still not the taste I was looking for. I purchased those marinated tapa in the supermarket but I was more disappointed. I tried one from one of the forum I joined where you boil the beef in sprite or 7-up with lots of garlic then fry but it was too sweet for us.

In the end, I went back to the supermarket but this time I bought McCormick Beef Tapa mix, Sweet and Spicy. Its pretty good and till I can find the tapa recipe that satisfies my taste buds' preferrences, I will stick to this. One problem that I have with McCormick the Sweet and Spicy and the Spicy kinds, it always makes me cough and everyone who's in the kitchen when I open the packet and pour it in water to dissolve. The chili and the pepper really goes in your nostrils and stings and irritates it. I think I have to get those masks on first before opening a packet he-he.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home