Tuesday, April 04, 2006

CAMIAS

We have this big camias tree at the back of our house. Its been bearing fruits for years and years now and we haven’t really made use of. I tried making camias shake but we weren’t really crazy about it. My mom wanted me to make candies out of it, but I haven’t explored that recipe.

One recipe though that I found interesting was from one food blog too. She mentioned that when she was feeling lazy she just chop some camias and sauté them with garlic and onion, and viola a pretty good side dish for fried or grilled fish. I tried it and my sister loved it, so did my dad and mother-in-law.

My mom mentioned one day that her friend brought up that she likes cooking camias sauté with tomatoes. So what I did was sauté them with lots of garlic, onion and tomatoes. It was delicious! The tomato was able to neutralize the tartness of the camias fruit. Do try it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home