Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Beginning

I decided to start a food blog of my own, not because I’m a good cook – in fact I am just starting. I just wanted to document my growth as a cook, so that maybe after a few years I can look back and see how much I’ve achieved and accomplished. If by chance anyone finds this blog site and you have other recipe’s to share, feel free to put a comment or a link to your own recipe/blog site.

I started cooking when I was very young, when suddenly we are without a maid. We were old enough to fend for ourselves, said our mom. So my sister and I took turns cooking and doing other chores. I never had the passion to cook. I just prepared simple meals, nothing to be really proud of. Eventually my sister and my dad took over and I stopped learning.

My sister is the best cook in the family. Her simple Chicken Tinola was delicious. She started to grow as a good cook when she became a mom. I guess that’s how it goes with some people. You learn to cook and be good at it too once you have a family. Of course some do have that special talent since birth!

My hubby’s mother, my mother-in-law is a good cook. I love her beef caldereta, adobong pusit with gata and ginataang sigarillas! Because of her I know I have to learn to cook, because my husband is used to good food. Like they say “the fastest way to a man’s heart is through his stomach” or hot steamy sex ha-ha. I’d rather give him more of the previous than the latter.

And so my journey towards being a good cook began.

1 Comments:

At 4:18 AM, January 09, 2007, Blogger Bleu78 said...

Hi! I found your cute blog because I searched for "simple tinola recipe" in Google. I am also just learning how to cook, but I do not have a family. I live on my own now so I had to learn. I was wondering if you can share your sister's simpleng tinola recipe? Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home