Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Chicken 1-2-3 by Sassy Lawyer

A friend shared a food blog in the net by Sassy Lawyer and I got a lot of recipes from her. But not so long ago, her site crashed and most of her recipe’s are gone. One of them is my husband’s favorite Chicken 1-2-3. It’s a good thing I was able to copy it.

Here it is below:

Chicken 1-2-3

ING.
1 whole chicken chopped in 16 pcs.
1 c. of finely chopped ginger
2 Tbsp. of sugar
4 Tbsp. of vinegar
6 Tbsp. of dark soy sauce
2 c. cooking oil

PROCEDURES:
Heat the cooking oil in a large wok or skillet until smoking. Fry the chicken pcs. in batches, uncovered until golden and the skin, crisp. Drain in paper towels.

Pour off the cooking oil. Stir together the ginger, sugar, vinegar and soy sauce in the wok or skillet until the sugar is completely dissolved. Bring to simmer, return the fried chicken pcs. from the wok or skillet. Toss to coat the chicken pcs. with the sauce. Cover and simmer for 10-15 mins. stirring occasionally. Add a little water about ¼ c. at a time till chicken is tender. Using tongs, lift the chicken pcs. one by one, shaking off any bits of ginger that sticks to the surface. Arrange in a serving platter. Strain sauce using a fine mesh. Strainer and pour over the chicken pcs. Serve.

You know I like to economize, and I always try to find means of doing so. It was because of my cost-consciousness that I was able to come up with my fried rice. From the remaining sauce of the Chicken 1-2-3 and the ginger bits, I sauté lots of garlic and fried the rice making sure that the rice is well coated with the caramelized sauce from the chicken. The result, a pretty good fried rice w/ ginger if I may say so myself. My husband just loves it!

2 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, October 26, 2007, Blogger Malou said...

Looks interesting. Maybe I will try this recipe this weekend.
Why was the dish called chicken 1-2-3?

 
At 3:00 PM, January 28, 2008, Blogger Ogie said...

sorry haven't visited this blog for a long long time. The recipe got its name from the ratio of proportion of the sauce.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home