Thursday, April 06, 2006

Simpleng Pagkain

I grew up with simple food on the table. Our menu for the week is prepared by our grandmother, the usual fried chicken, fried fish, hamburger, tinola, nilagang baka, pork chop, meatballs in miswa soup (my brother's favorite), longganisa, tocino, tapa, etc. All those were rotated such as her Sunday lunch menu whenever we have our small get together on my mother side of the family. How I miss her kare-kare, callos, paella, turbo chicken, embotido (available only on Christmas) and morcon. She has delicious cookies too; one is a family secret recipe so I can't share it here.

Since I am used to simple food, whenever I search for new recipe's it would always depend on two things before I try it out in the kitchen. One is, if I can understand the procedure and the other is if the ingredients are available and easy to acquire. If one of those conditions isn’t met, you can be sure I would shelve it and look for another. I guess I am also scared at trying those "gourmet" dishes. I want to sharpen my skill at cooking first before I try those recipes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home