Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Another Sassy Recipe

In one of Sassy’s recipe’s is a fried rice with garlic, onion leaves and basil. As soon as I got a basil plant, I gave this recipe a try. At first I limited my ingredients according to the recipe but I wasn’t satisfied. So next try, I added more chopped basil and onion leaves. It turned out pretty good and very aromatic too! This is one of my husband’s favorites as well.

Here is the oringinal recipe from Sassy's food blog

Ingredients :
6 c. of cold cooked rice
8-10 tbsps. of used cooking oil (cooking oil that had been used for frying meat is best)
1 whole garlic, crushed, peeled and finely chopped
1 tbsp. of finely chopped basil
1 tbsp. of finely chopped sibuyas na mura (onion leaves)
salt

Cooking procedure :

Mash the rice to separate the grains.

Heat the cooking oil in a skillet or wok over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook gently until fragrant and the garlic bits just start to brown. Add the basil and sibuyas na mura. Turn up the heat and cook, stirring, for a few seconds. Add the rice. Sprinkle with salt. Cook, stirring, until the rice is thoroughly heated through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home